Thursday, August 17, 2006

CLEANING...

As Grandma Ruth would say, I've been "june-ing" around today inside the house rather than outside in the hot sun. Inspired by 1) fuzz balls all over the floor, 2) dead insects in the windowsills, 3) an unreliable cleaning helper (not Eliza, by the way), 4) dusty furniture I could write "clean me, please" on, 5) a really dirty kitchen floor, and 6) Mary Ann, who is always taking on similar projects, this morning I bit the bullet, so to speak, and pulled out everything from stain remover and furniture polish to the Swiffer duster and vacum cleaner.

No, I don't have on my little apron and bandana, and no, I'm not scurrying around with a feather duster and big smile on my face. Yes, I do have on some really dirty clothes (to match the really dirty surfaces I'm cleaning) and my attractive white socks (since I'm trying to work on the dirt that's seemingly dyed my feet sort of a mud-puddle brown).

An aside: Last night after I showered, I spent over 30 minutes working on my "farm feet" before I slathered them down with 5 applications of Burt's Bees Foot Treatment. Perhaps I should just remember to wear shoes around the farm.

Anyway, I don't think I'll finish today, and I don't think I can stay inside two days in a row, so there's no telling when I'll get to the kitchen, my room, and the upstairs--the three most untidy, aka, disgusting places in the house. Anyone who would like to come to my assistance is welcome to do so, but be prepared to sneeze a lot or get grossed out, especially if the refrigerator's the chore at hand.

That's about it for today, folks...

THE END...

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

HA HA HA! If I could make money for excess cat hair in secret nooks and crannies, I would be so rich it's not even funny! I'm not sure I'm so good at actually accomplishing anything I start, but I'm really good at starting. I applaud you my friend!