Sunday, August 30, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
As I recall the under layer here is done with abaca fibers, faintly dyed with a light onion skin and walnut mixture. The top paper is a combination of hemp and abaca,with organic inclusions of mica and snake skin.
See the Tree Whispers (collaborative project celebrating life's resounces) website for some beautiful work:
And perhaps there could be some more Farm Paper in the works...I'm feeling inspired.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Orchids make me happy....
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
2. Purchased a used weedeater. Joe's taken out most of the ragweed in front of the deck and around the barn. I've sneezed quite a bit.
3. Got the mowing done.
4. Am working on refinancing the house and trying my best to define a new insurance policy that's going to save me some money.
5. I've knitted a couple of dishclothes. Haven't gotten started on my next round of scarves.
6. Worked a bit for the Evergreen Arts & Humanities Series.
7. Gone on good walks with Rufus, Joe, the corgis and cats. Laughed a lot at Rufus.
8. Worked a bit on my classes for Marietta College.
9. Attempted to clean the house.
That's about it.....
(Rufus: Wingspan as of last weekend = 20" from tip of one ear to the other. He's quite the hound dog.)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
1. Rufus has a fancy new compound at the end of the side yard, and he seems quite content to spend the nights there.
2. Brett's home, and we've spent a couple of afternoons on the porch, catching up since we saw each other at Christmas last year. He and Betsy have had an amazing year in Bulgaria, have one more to go, and then will more than likely return to the States.
3. Brett and I got some paperwork done to completely turn the car over to Eliza.
4. Joe and Rufus are visiting Joe's sister in Raleigh, NC, and I'm headed to NC for a week on Thursday.
5. Dahlias continue to bloom gloriously.
6. I pulled up old broccoli, collards, kale and lettuces from the garden beds, re-tilled the beds and have them ready for fall planting (which I hope to get to tomorrow).
7. I've brushed all the critters in an attempt to get done with the shedding process.
8. I've spent a goodly amount of time on getting info out about the Evergreen Arts & Humanities Series.
9. Samuel messaged me that he has an interview for a position at the Bookstore at American University.
10. Bobbi taught her first class in her new first-class studio in Philadelphia last Sunday.
11. Eliza's started band...band camp this week all day. She's guard section leader and working her tail off.
12. Lori's traveling all over the country with Nickelback.
13. I'm getting my hair cut again...it grows out really fast.
14. Tonight I plan to sort and alphabetize my CD's. Hasn't been done in a couple of years, and they're way out of order. Total chaos.
That's about it for now....