Wednesday, August 27, 2008

LAZY, LAZY DAY

Just the animals and I are at home today, taking it easy. A steady rain falls outside, the perfect rain that allows the earth to soak up each drop. A gentle breeze adds a slight chill to the air, and I'm watching leaves fall one by one from the maple tree outside my window, a graceful reminder that fall's just around the corner.

It's the classic "stay in bed under the covers and read" day, and that's just what I've done this morning. I saw Eliza off to school, hopped back in bed, watched "Enchanted," a cheesy but sweet Disney movie, snoozing along the way and dreaming my own version of living "happily ever after." It's a quiet day here at The Farm, the last uninterrupted day I have at home before school starts. I'm soaking in the mellowness / laziness / solitude of it all.

Don 't know that I'll accomplish much today. If it weren't raining, I'd work on making grape juice from the "fruit of the vines." I'll probably cook a bit. I might start my next knitting project, read, or do a little yoga. I'll listen to music, for sure, and maybe work on my refinishing project.

This morning shot of Cato in La-La-Land pretty much sums up the day.

I'm in love with this moment and so grateful for this day and my many blessings.

Off to do something.....or nothing.....!

No comments: