Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I BELIEVE SPRING'S HERE TO STAY

The daffodils are waning...

the azaleas are blooming...


the magnolia flower petals are falling all over the sidewalks in town...


the tulips are fully open...


the hyacynths blooms are ever so fragrant...


the grapevines are budding...


the grass is up above my ankle...


the crabapple is about to burst forth into a bright pink...


the redbuds are out...


the dandelions have popped out all over the yard...


mother wren's sitting on her first clutch...


redwing blackbirds strut their stuff in the branches of the tree by the barn...


the dogs have fleas...


the cats are shedding profusely...


the peonies are growing like weeds...


the weeds have already taken over my garden plots....


butterflies are emerging...


moths flock to the lights on the back porch...


All signs point to SPRING (!) and warmer weather......Yippee!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! I love you!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I love you!

AthensRomantic said...

I hopes you's right, Ethel! I'm LOVING this weather...and loving you, too! Millard

Anonymous said...

Your Papa showed me those mountains in 1983 as we stood above his Grandfather's homestead...there was silence and tears welled in his eyes and later he showed us the blueberry fields...I clearly remember that day.

Very Mary said...

None of my daffodils popped this year, which was really quite disappointing! BUT, the coreopsis is already about to bloom! woot!