Friday, October 20, 2006

IT'S BEEN A WHILE...

since I last sat down to update my blog because...

this has been one of the busiest weeks I've had in a helluva long time...

I've spent the greater part of my time at work getting ready for the opening event of this year's Evergreen Arts and Humanities Series (which I chair and wish I didn't at times)..We have an absolutely amazing year planned, and tomorrow night Adrienne Young and Little Sadie will play in concert to kick off the 2006-2007 slate of programs. Coordinating everything from those involved in the reception to the publicity person to the stage decorator and sound man has been quite an adventure. Were it not for Tom Jackson's assistance, I'd be really loony!

When I haven't been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for the Series, I've had to do things like teach, be a mom, attend other meetings, and write a presentation which I will deliver next Tuesday at the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights Assembly of the Organization of American States in Washington, DC. This is a MAJOR presentation, and I have yet to finish it...Hence today's entry on my blog will be short.

My topic for the OAS will address human rights violations of children in Cuba, and the research has indicated that 1) there's a lot of stuff that needs to be documented, and 2) I could write a dissertation on any given aspect of the issue. I'll save that for later once I get some free time...(tee hee!)

Samuel's at home with his friend, Harrison, for fall break. I can't get enough of seeing him, especially since he was damn near wiped out by a car last week in NC. Some joker ran over him--ran into him, rather, as he was crossing the street. Thank God he is a rugby player and has learned how to take a hit! (literally)...Bottom line is that he's OK, has a couple of bruises, and no internal injuries...He's one lucky fellow, and I'm one relieved mom.

Since I last chronicled anything, Eliza's been to homecoming where she ditched her date and had a great time with other friends; Annie and Molly have gotten really stinky thanks to their encounter with a skunk, and the frost has taken its toll on my flowers. I do have a couple of beautiful roses left...a sweet reminder of warmer days, and some late planted greens are beginning to take hold down at the garden. My room is full of plants I brought in from the cold, and apparently each one of them had a huge share of bugs and spiders hidden in the leaves because my room has been full of things that crawl and fly in the night.

OK...enough for today..I'm off to feed the animals and FINISH my paper...

Love to all...

Namasté....Tanya

No comments: