Friday, October 24, 2008

THE LAST ROSE OF SUMMER

Yes, I fear the last rose of summer has bloomed and faded away as the temperatures have dropped down to the low 30's and plants have gotten the message that we're much closer to cold weather than warm. As the nights grow longer and the days shorter, I sense the onset of winter energy all around--in my body, in the faces of others, in the Earth. As much as I welcome the time to move deep within, I know the challenges we all face in terms of keeping the energy around us light and carefree. I think those critters who hibernate figured it out a long time ago...best just take a long nap and wake up with there's some warmth and fresh spring days about!

It's Friday...There are no pressing commitments this weekend....Eliza and I are going to go see "Beverly Hills Chihuahua." Other than cleaning the house and watching a couple of videos, I can't forsee much more happening around The Farm....And, for the moment, that's a totally OK notion.

Namasté...

No comments: