Monday, June 22, 2009

WORTHLESS, "TRIFLIN." OR WHATEVER, I'VE HAD NO ENERGY TODAY

There's something about funeral energy that takes the wind right out of my sails, and today, I've been about as worthless as tits on a boar hog. I haven't slept well since I got the call about Grandma's passing, and I also notice I don't recuperate from travel nearly as fast as I used to. So, today, I would give myself a zero (0) in terms of accomplishing much more than moving from the computer to the couch, staring into space, and making phone calls to family members to see they got home OK.

The physical exhaustion may even be surpassed by my mental fatigue. Molly and Annie may not have noted I fed them cat food, but the cats certainly let me know they weren't into the tasteless dog food that landed in their dishes. The hummingbirds looked a bit puzzled when they realized their food was colored water with no sugar added, and I'll see what effect the lemonade I poured (thinking it was a glass of water I had ready) has on the begonia outside my door.

It's not quite 6:00 PM, and I think I'm headed to bed.....Hopefully, I will have returned to life and some level of sense tomorrow.

No comments: