Monday, March 16, 2009

MARCH 16TH

1944 - My parents' anniversary....65 years ago today, they were married on the campus of Lees McCrae college in Banner Elk, NC. A simple ceremony on a beautiful spring day, daffodils in bloom, blue sky...My dad in his military uniform...Mom in a navy blue suit, ruffled white blouse and a classic 40's hat...Honeymooned in Montreat, NC, and returned to Banner Elk a few days later to snow and sub-zero temperatures....

2008 - My dad's passage into the spirit world, only a few hours after he had signed an anniversary card to my mom....Mom, as always, was at his side when he peacefully drifted away...

2009 - Doesn't seem possible a year's gone by...The last couple of times when he's come to me in my dreams, Daddy's looked well, is walking as if he had never been ill, and has spoken clearly without any hint of the trouble he had speaking prior to his death. I miss him greatly; more greatly, however, I celebrate the freedom I see in his body and spirit in my dreams.

"I love you, sweetheart....."

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

Here's to Zeb...