Sunday, February 04, 2007

BRRRRRRRRR...

It's 8 degrees outside with a brisk wind whipping around the farm..The sunshine on the snow enhances the blue in the sky, the blue that connects my memory to Isabella's eyes...The snow crunches under foot as I walk to the barn for firewood...I pause to listen to the creaks and moans inside the barn as the siding and roof vibrate in a random reggae-ish type beat with each wind burst. "She's still standing (¡Gracias a Dios!)" I say to myself, pausing to give thanks for that singular thought....

Soon, I'll have a fire going in the fireplace and chili and cornbread ready to enjoy this afternoon...

I have a couple of things I want to do...write a bit, clean a bit, and as always, knit....

I'm grateful to be where I am today, and I'm grateful for all of those who are here with me in spirit...It's a great day to have on your layers of farm clothes and be snowed in here at The Farm... Samuel, I particularly think of you at this moment..It's winter at its best here at The Farm...

Namasté......


No comments: